As we age, the effects of gravity and loss of collagen can lead to sagging skin and wrinkles, affecting our appearance and self-confidence. While surgical facelifts have been a popular option for many years, advancements in aesthetic medicine have introduced a non-surgical alternative called PDO (Polydioxanone) threads.
PDO threads offer a revolutionary approach to facial rejuvenation, providing noticeable lifting and tightening effects without the need for surgery.
Here are the benefits and mechanisms of PDO threads in non-surgical facial rejuvenation.
Benefits of PDO Threads
- Non-Surgical: PDO threads offer a non-surgical alternative to facelifts, making them appealing to individuals who want to avoid the risks, downtime, and scarring associated with surgery.
- Minimal Downtime: The procedure is minimally invasive, requiring little to no downtime, allowing individuals to resume their daily activities shortly after treatment.
- Natural-Looking Results: PDO threads provide subtle yet noticeable results, restoring facial contours and reducing the appearance of wrinkles, resulting in a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
- Collagen Stimulation: PDO threads stimulate the production of collagen, a protein that provides structure and elasticity to the skin. Increased collagen production leads to long-term improvements in skin texture and firmness.
- Versatility: PDO threads can be used to address various concerns, including sagging skin on the cheeks, jowls, neck, and eyebrows. They can also be used to improve the appearance of marionette lines and nasolabial folds.
- Customizable Treatment: PDO threads come in different sizes and configurations, allowing for customized treatment plans based on an individual’s unique needs and desired outcome.
Mechanisms of PDO Threads
- PDO threads have tiny barbs or cones along their length, which create a lifting effect when inserted under the skin.
- The threads anchor to the underlying tissues, gently pulling the skin upward to lift and tighten sagging areas, restoring youthful facial contours.
- PDO threads are made of biocompatible material that gradually dissolves over time.
- As the threads dissolve, they stimulate the production of new collagen fibers, improving skin elasticity, texture, and firmness.
- PDO threads promote neovascularization, the formation of new blood vessels, in the treated area.
- Increased blood flow enhances oxygen and nutrient delivery to the skin, improving its health and promoting a more radiant complexion.
- PDO threads activate fibroblasts, cells responsible for collagen production, through a process called Mechan transduction.
- The mechanical stimulation provided by the threads triggers fibroblasts to produce new collagen fibers, which further contributes to skin tightening and rejuvenation.
- PDO threads stimulate tissue regeneration by inducing controlled micro-injuries in the skin.
- The body’s natural healing response kicks in, producing new collagen and elastin fibers, resulting in smoother, firmer, and more youthful-looking skin.
- While the threads gradually dissolve over time, the collagen stimulation and tissue rejuvenation effects can last beyond the lifespan of the threads themselves.
- The results of PDO threads can last up to 12-18 months or more, depending on individual factors such as age, lifestyle, and skin quality.
- PDO threads can be used in conjunction with other aesthetic treatments, such as dermal fillers and botulinum toxin injections, to achieve enhanced facial rejuvenation results.
- Combining treatments allows for a comprehensive approach to address multiple concerns
To learn more about PDO Threads contact Millstone Medical at (864) 269-6131.