Microneedling with PRP treatment has become a popular procedure in recent years for improving the texture and appearance of skin. This treatment involves the use of a device with tiny needles to create micro-injuries on the skin’s surface, stimulating collagen production and cell regeneration.
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is then applied to the treated area, providing additional growth factors and nutrients to further enhance the skin’s healing process.
If you’re considering microneedling with PRP treatment, here’s what you can expect before, during, and after the procedure.
- Consultation: Before scheduling the procedure, you’ll meet with a licensed and experienced provider to discuss your concerns, medical history, and the expected outcomes of the treatment. Your provider will also evaluate your skin’s condition and determine if you’re a good candidate for the treatment.
- Pre-Treatment Preparations: Your provider may advise you to stop taking certain medications or supplements that can increase the risk of bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or fish oil. You should also avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, and waxing for at least 24 hours before the procedure.
- Numbing Cream: To minimize any discomfort during the procedure, your provider may apply a topical numbing cream to the treated area about 30 minutes before the treatment.
- Procedure: Your provider will use a handheld device with tiny needles to create micro-injuries on your skin’s surface. The device will be moved across your skin in a specific pattern, creating small channels that allow for PRP to be absorbed more effectively. The treatment typically takes 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the size and location of the treated area.
- Application: After the microneedling process, your provider will apply PRP onto the treated area. PRP is derived from your blood and is rich in platelets and growth factors that promote cell growth and regeneration. The PRP is applied topically or injected into the skin, depending on the treatment plan.
- Post-Treatment Care: Your provider may apply a cooling serum or mask to reduce redness and soothe the skin. You’ll be advised to avoid sun exposure, heavy exercise, and swimming for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Recovery Time: You may experience redness, swelling, and mild discomfort immediately after the procedure, but these symptoms usually subside within a few hours to a few days. You can return to your daily activities immediately after the procedure.
- Results: You’ll begin to see the initial results of the treatment within a few days to a few weeks after the procedure. Your skin may appear smoother, brighter, and more youthful-looking. Full results usually take several months as the collagen production and cell regeneration process continues.
- Follow-Up Treatments: To maintain the results of the treatment, your provider may recommend a series of follow-up treatments every 4 to 6 weeks. The number of treatments depends on your skin’s condition and your desired outcome.
Microneedling with PRP treatment can be an effective way to improve the appearance of your skin. However, it’s essential to choose a licensed and experienced provider to perform the treatment safely and effectively.
With proper preparation and aftercare, you can expect to see significant improvements in your skin’s texture, tone, and overall appearance.
If you are considering microneedling with PRP, call Millstone Medical at (864) 269-6131 to schedule a free consultation.